Join the team!
Are you interested in helping us on our mission to promote gender equality and diversity and do you want to help female students grow their confidence and be better prepared to enter the job market? Then join our team and be part of a our movement and experience what it’s like to set up a new organisation from scratch! The benefits? We don’t have any bosses telling us what to do so you get choose where we go and what to do. We are looking for the following people:
Mentorship Programme Manager (OPEN):
Posted 5th of March 2021
Librae is looking for 2 new team members to organise upcoming
mentorship programmes, which includes shaping how they will look in the
future. After a very successful first round, we’ve just launched the
second and are already in the process of deciding how future mentorship
programmes should look. The goal of the Librae mentorship programme is
to help students in the final phase of their studies in STEM prepare to
take their first steps in their career by helping them with personal
development, career orientation as well as develop practical and
As a mentorship programme manager, you will be in charge of
organising the third, fourth and so forth mentorship programme and
laying the groundwork for a high-quality programme that can be
replicated and consistently improved based on the learnings of each
programme. We don’t see the mentorship programme as something that will
stay the same and involve the same tasks each time, but something that
can grow, to reach more students, companies and continuously get better
at linking the needs to companies and students to close the gender gap.
So far we’ve learnt that the mentorship programme is really
valuable for students to get a better understanding of their strengths,
weaknesses and values, giving them a confidence boost and a clear
direction of what type of future they want. Our question to you is, what
else can we help students with and how can we do this via the
- Join a team of ambitious and motivated students all aspiring to help close the gender gap
- Learn what it’s like to be part of a social enterprise
- Help shape the social enterprise and take ownership of developing an entire mentorship programme and deciding its direction
- Team activities (online until COVID allows otherwise)
- Meet inspiring women, come into contact with companies and participate in all the sessions that you organise
- Develop timelines, budget and plan for upcoming mentorship programmes.
the Librae mission and vision are embedded in the programme, coordinate
the programme with other Librae activities and team members.
- Promotion of the programme to reach as many students as possible to broaden and expand the Librae network.
new companies to develop partnerships for the programme, they can
participate as mentors, facilitate a training session or sponsor a
location and so on.
- Maintain contact with applicants prior to the programme and with mentees throughout the programme.
- Contact new mentors and build relationships with existing role models or mentors to participate in the programme.
- Determine the contents of the mentorship programme, what themes the training sessions, workshops or Librae circles should have.
- Follow on trends in personal development, leadership and practical skills (speaking, personal branding, listening) that might be interesting for the programme
- Come up with new ways to improve the mentorship programme, we’re always looking for new ideas and input
- We’re looking for
someone with a passion for the topics of gender equality and diversity
and gets energy from bringing people together during our events.
want you to bring ideas to the table, take initiative and ownership of
organising the next mentorship programmes, where you will of course be
supported by the rest of the team.
- We expect about 6-8 hours a week of
work for this function, that you can spread across a week as you want.
We have a weekly team meeting, as well as team activities now (currently
all online) and you’ll get to experience how it is to be part of a
- This function is open to any student or recent graduate in STEM.
Want to join the team and experience what it’s like to set up your own organisation? Please send your CV and motivation to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Of course we are still open to any other ideas you might have that are not part of the team descriptions. Don’t have the time but still want to help out? Send in an article or help connect us to an inspirational speaker or role model. Any contribution is welcome. Also, if you do have any cool events that you’re organising or have come across, be sure to share it with us so we can share it with the network!